It's All About the Perks


"I've never craved the job of president, but I want to do some things that only a president can do."
-- Fred Thompson, on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"

Top 10 things that only a president can do:

10. Get down with the First Lady
9. Call anything I'm flying "Air Force One"
8. Tell Secret Service detail "no one needs to know about this, right boys?"
7. Get my very own library -- even if I don't have a library card
6. Declare war -- on my agent!
5. Get $5,000 to pose for pictures with strangers instead of paying through the nose for head shots
4. Pardon that turkey every year
3. No waiting when I get the urge to bowl
2. Suppress giggle when I tell movers to put boxes in the corner of the Oval Office

And the number one thing that only a president can do:
1. Retrieve newspaper on White House driveway in my bathrobe

Comments

Anonymous said…
We never would have guessed you harbored those secret desires.
Anonymous said…
I like the illustration.

Popular posts from this blog

Reuters Opinion 1.0

I Want My Mmmmm ... TV

Run, OJ — Run!