Now Would Be a Good Time to Rob the Place

Through a series of events -- some personal, some professional, some opportunistic -- the bureau will be empty tommorow, with all of us scattered about takin' care of business remotely.

It's no big deal; our brosephs over at Ars Technica don't even have an office. Their newsroom is an IRC channel, which is much cooler than we will ever be. We do all have iPhones now, however, and there is serious talk about all us having beards, too, which would be tough on Meghan.

It sort of all started with that video by CEOs telling people not to work for an hour and vote. I passed on doing a story about it because most states (or all) require employers to give their workers time off to vote, so, thanks for nothing. And why give Trump more air time.

More to the point, most people don't live near where they work, so having an hour off to vote only makes sense if you come to work late or leave early. And Chris said he'd need six hours to vote, and that pretty much kills the day.

So we will work and vote and get'r done away from base camp. Btw, there isn't much worth stealing, though the reddit bobble heads are pretty nifty.

Comments

nicole said…
My polling place is literally a block from my apartment building, and righ on the way to my bus. Usually I'm one of the very first people in there, at 7.30 a.m. -- we'll see how it is tomorrow, though. Since I always bring my little cheat sheet (given that there are over 30 SF/CA ballot measures this time round) it's pretty quick.

I'd like to be able to take a full hour off, however. But my friends and I have decided to call out 'depressed' on Wed. if the results don't go the way we hope ...

Popular posts from this blog

Reuters Opinion 1.0

I Want My Mmmmm ... TV

Run, OJ — Run!